The 2023 Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) will run from 16th to 26th February, and many of our casting director members have films showing .
Five of the films cast by our members are showing in competition, of which two are by our recently deceased founding member, former ICDA President and phenomenal casting director Simone Bär.
- Till the End of the Night by Christoph Hochhäusler, casting by Ulrike Müller (Competition)
- Disco Boy by Giacomo Abbruzzese, casting by Vibirson Gnanatheepan, Sebastián Moradiellos and Mathilde Snodgrass (Competition)
- Music by Angela Schanelec, casting by Makis Gazis (Competition)
- Afire by Christian Petzold, casting by Simone Bär (Competition)
- Ingeborg Bachmann – Reise in die Wüste by Margarethe Von Trotta, casting by Simone Bär (Competition)
There are also a number of films showing in the categories Berlinale Special Gala, Berlinale Forum, Panorama, Berlinale Series and Generation 14plus:
- The Lost Boys by Zeno Graton, casting by Sebastián Moradiellos and Adélaïde Mauvernay (Generation 14plus)
- Seneca – On the Creation of Earthquakes by Robert Schwentke, casting by Anja Dihrberg-Siebler and Kate Ringsell (Berlinale Special Gala)
- Sun and Concrete by David Wnendt, casting by Ulrike Müller (Berlinale Special Gala)
- Do You Love Me? by Tonia Noyabrova, casting by Alla Samoylenko (Panorama)
- The Beast in the Jungle by Patric Chiha, casting by Sebastián Moradiellos (Panorama)
- The Opponent by Milad Alami, casting by Sara Törnkvist (Panorama)
- De Facto by Selma Doborac, casting by Ulrike Müller (Berlinale Forum)
- The Swarm by Frank Schätzing, casting by Andy Brierly, Cathleen Chopin, Victor Jenkins and Lilia Trapani (Berlinale Series)
Congratulations to our members. We look forward to seeing your work in Berlin next month!