ICDA is thrilled to announce the nominated films for the 2023 Semiramis Award for Excellence in Casting. The award will be presented at FOCUS in London on 6th December 2023. Congratulations to the nominees, including ICDA members Constance Demontoy, Simone Bär (†), Sofia Dimopoulou and Lotta Forsblad.
The nominated casting directors are:
Zar Amir Ebrahimi
Co-casting: Seyed Javad Hashemi, Hala Jarrah, Mohammad Kloob, Taha Moghani, Saeed Nasiri
HOLY SPIDER by Ali Abbasi
Co-casting: Constance Demontoy (France), Arwa Salmanova (Czech Republic)
IM WESTEN NICHTS NEUES (ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT)
by Edward Berger
BEHIND THE HAYSTACKS
by Asimina Proedrou
by Orit Fouks Rotem
Frida von Koch Hasselvall
Co-casting: Stefan Gardovic
I AM ZLATAN
by Jens Sjögren
The International Casting Directors Association proudly established the ICDA Award for Excellence in Casting in 2016, and has continued to recognise outstanding achievements in casting by our colleagues – members and non-members alike – every year since.
As of 2020, our award has a new name, the Semiramis Award for Excellence in Casting, along with a statuette designed by Swiss master sculptor Peter Hartmann.
The ICDA’s purpose in creating this award was to shine a light on the pivotal role that casting directors play in the creative process of filmmaking.
- 2022 Kjersti Paulsen (NO) for THE INNOCENTS by Eskil Vogt
- 2021 Lucy Pardee (UK) for ROCKS by Sarah Gavron
- 2020 Élodie Demey (FR) for HORS NORMES by Olivier Nakache and Éric Toledano
- Co-casting by Marie-France Michel (FR) and Justine Léocadie (FR)
- 2019 Sara Törnkvist (SE) for BORDER by Ali Abbasi
- 2018 Francesco Vedovati (IT) for DOGMAN by Matteo Garrone
- 2017 Harika Uygur (TR) for MUSTANG by Deniz Gamze Ergüven
- 2016 Antoinette Boulat (FR) & Elsa Pharaon (FR) for STANDING TALL by Emanuelle Bercot